EEI are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2018/19 summer engineering internship program. Engineering students are offered the opportunity to learn more about being an engineer and complete their required vacation hours by working alongside a capable multi-disciplinary team on a diverse range of projects. The internship program is structured, with an aim to develop your skills to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations, and to start your journey to become a good professional engineer.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
· Participation in the research and development of innovative technologies
· Introduction to the preparation of project proposals and tenders
· Learning from senior members in engineering design and technical report writing
· Opportunities for both site, laboratory and computer modelling experience, attending client meetings and developing your presentation skills
What We're Looking For
· Enthusiastic penultimate or final year students of a civil/chemical/environmental/mechanical engineering background
· Motivation for excellence, working both individually and in a team, and a passion for creative thinking to solve engineering problems
· A background knowledge of water chemistry, water and wastewater engineering, hydraulic engineering, or mechanical design (including drawing) would also be desirable but is not essential
The engineering internship program is voluntary, and runs between November 2018 and February 2019. We also consider applications for students wanting to work with us during the university semester. As this is a voluntary program, we are flexible with contact hours with an objective to achieve the best outcome for both parties.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter, resume and academic transcript to email@example.com
Applications close 19th of October 2018