CAREERS AT EEI
Summer Internship Opportunities for 2023/24
EEI would like to advise students that we are opening applications for our engineering and science internship program for the 2023/24 summer vacation period. The internship program will be run in compliance with appropriate health, hygiene, and social distancing policies to operate in a COVID safe manner. The safety of EEI’s staff, interns, and clients is our number one priority.
Environmental Engineers International Pty Ltd (EEI) is an award-winning engineering services and technology development company based in Perth since 2001.
- We operate in the water, environmental management, waste, and sustainability fields.
- We provide consulting, engineering, research, training, and procurement services.
- Our clients include water utilities, oil and gas, mining, food processing, environmental, and manufacturing companies.
- EEI have received several awards for development of innovative technologies including the Australian Water Association Research Innovation Award for 2017, 2018 and 2019, the Sustainability award in 2016, Most Innovative Engineer Award (2017 & 2019) and most recently shortlisted as a finalist for the Australian Institute of Management WA Pinnacle Awards for Innovation Excellence.
- Our Principal Engineer/CEO has also received multiple awards including the National Professional Environmental Engineer Award (2021), WA Professional Engineer of the Year Award (2020), Most Innovative Engineer Award in the Mining, Oil, and Gas field (2019) and the Consulting field (2017) from Engineers Australia.
The Engineering Internship Program
In the interests of developing future engineers and scientists, EEI offer practical work experience to committed students. We facilitate the opportunity to learn more about the needs of industry and complete your required vacation work hours by working with a capable multi-disciplinary team on a diverse range of projects.
The internship program is structured, with an aim to develop your skills to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations, and to start your journey to become a good professional engineer or scientist. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in the research and development of innovative technologies
- Introduction to the preparation of project proposals and tenders
- Learning from senior members in engineering design and technical report writing
- Opportunities for site, and computer modelling experience, attending client meetings, and developing your presentation skills.
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic penultimate or final year students studying civil/ chemical/ environmental/ mechanical engineering, chemistry, physics, environmental science, or environmental management.
- Motivation for excellence, working both individually and in a team, and a passion for creative thinking to solve engineering and science problems.
- A background knowledge of water chemistry, water and wastewater engineering, hydraulic engineering, environmental and soil sciences, software engineering or mechanical design (including drawing) would be desirable but is not essential.
- The summer internship program, running from November 20th to late February 2024, is voluntary. Given its voluntary nature, we maintain flexibility in contact hours, aiming to achieve the best outcomes for both parties.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter (1 page maximum), resume and academic transcript to email@example.com by 5 PM AWST on the 27th of October 2023.
Please note: If shortlisted for the summer vacation program, interviews will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time.